Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to buy nanoblocks in Kyushu 2014/12/10 12:49
I will be in Kagoshima and Miyazaki and would like to buy nanoblocks.

Would appreciate it if I can get some recommended places where i can get cheaper nanoblocks sets.

Will also be around Hakata JR Station but I doubt I have the time to shop. However, if there is a shop nearby, I can try to drop by.

Thanks !
by DL (guest)  

Re: Where to buy nanoblocks in Kyushu 2014/12/10 14:03
They sell them at Tokyu Hands in JR Hakata Station but I wouldn't expect them to be sold below msrp there unless they happen to be on sale.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy nanoblocks in Kyushu 2014/12/10 16:18
Thanks so much :)
Will be on the lookout at Hakata JR station since there is a Tokyu Hands there.

have read previous threads on nanoblocks in Tokyo....would the recommended camera shop (cannot recall the name) in Kagoshima or Miyazaki also sell nanoblocks ? I believe the big shops should have presence in the major cities.

Any advise appreciated.
by DL (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy nanoblocks in Kyushu 2014/12/10 16:50
Any large department store sells Nanoblocks. I build a lot with Lego blocks, and find Nanoblocks to be way too small for my hands. And some of their construction techniques are not very stable. In spite of that, one or two sets can be fun. Large infrastructure, such as the Tokyo SkyTree, and Osaka Castle, are readily available in Nanoblocks, so souvenir stores in such areas would have specialized Nanoblocks.
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy nanoblocks in Kyushu 2014/12/10 17:06
Thanks so much :)
It's my kids who are interested in the nanoblocks ! They are also into lego blocks but I guess lego blocks would not be cheap in Japan.

Re: Where to buy nanoblocks in Kyushu 2014/12/10 22:17
Lego blocks are widely available in Japan, but the prices are often higher than in the USA or Europe.

You can get Lego and Nanoblocks from amazon.co.jp in Japan, they have English translations for most of their items, and you can have them shipped to your hotel.

After selecting English, and typing in nanoblocks, select the option under "all departments." That is omochiya (o-mo-chi-ya) which is also a good Hiragana phrase to memorize, as it comes in useful at department stores when looking at the directory to see on which floor toys are sold.

I think Nanoblocks would be even more difficult for children to handle than regular Lego blocks, or Lego Duplo. They sure are for me. The good news is that you can buy a cheap set and conduct scientific research in your hotel to see if the children can build with blocks that small. Nanoblok instructions are not as extensively detailed as with Lego, so children might have problems with that.

by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy nanoblocks in Kyushu 2014/12/11 18:32
Hi Susan,

Have you tried sending amazon stuff to the hotel in Japan. I thought the hotel would not accept any parcel unless the guest has already checked in.

The amazon prices are cheaper but I am a little worried on the delivery.

Do you mind sharing your experience with purchases made with amazon.jp and sending them to the hotel ?
Thanks.

reply to this thread