Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

okinawa camping stove cartridges 2014/12/27 01:48
Hi, I hope you can help with this: We will go to Yakushima after Okinawa and will bring our camping stove for hiking. We arrive by plane and are not allowed to bring gas cartridges (standard valve for Jetboil)
Can you buy them on Okinawa?
Thank you very much!
by SebBel  

Re: okinawa camping stove cartridges 2014/12/27 18:22
Have you checked or booked with a camping site on Yakushima?

They will probably have their cooking area/building, and those places will have cooking utensils and necessities for cooking. Please note that you cannot just go out into the woods on your own and use open fire in the woods. They do not allow people pitching tent in the woods either, I believe.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: okinawa camping stove cartridges 2014/12/27 18:37
Thanks for your answer - we have not booked a campsite on Yakushima or Okinawa since we will stay at hotels there except for the hikes.
I know that you can't just go into the wild and pitch a tent and start a fire. But if you do the traverse on Yakushima you need to carry everything with you, also food and means to prepare it at the huts where we will sleep. Does anyone know about a outdoor shop in these locations or where we can buy a gas cartridge? Thanks a lot!
by SebBel rate this post as useful

Re: okinawa camping stove cartridges 2015/1/5 16:38
We arrive by plane and are not allowed to bring gas cartridges (standard valve for Jetboil)
Can you buy them on Okinawa?

Yes you can, but what is the point? You can't take gas cartridges on domestic flights either. Buy them on Yakushima instead. Inquire with your hotel. If I recall correctly, I believe some of the hotels sell them to their guests.

Please note that you cannot just go out into the woods on your own and use open fire in the woods.

However, you can freely use a camping stove in most places.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread