Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

E-cigarette using on streets 2014/12/30 05:45
Hello, i'm planning trip to Tokyo next summer and quit smoking regular cigarettes, now using e-cigarette. Found out that it's legal to bring one to Japan for personal use, but how about using on streets etc?
by Eddie fi  

Re: E-cigarette using on streets 2014/12/30 16:29
Since it does not require a lighter/fire, it should be no hazard to small children while you are walking (when you let a cigarrette hang from your hand, it can be just around small kids' face level), but does it emit any smoke or steam? Then that would be considered similar or equivalent to real cigarrettes, so you would want to avoid areas (including sidewalks in some cities) marked with "no smoking."
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: E-cigarette using on streets 2014/12/30 16:40
Thanks for replying!
E-cigarette does not make steam all the time, just when using (vaping) it. So there are regulated public places with no smoking signs, at least those help understand where not use then.
I have found few Vapestores, they allow to vape there, so i must find all of them and visit there regulary. :)
by Eddie fi rate this post as useful

Re: E-cigarette using on streets 2014/12/30 16:59
In major cities such as Tokyo, it is getting more and more difficult to find places for regular cigarette smoking - I was thinking of some no-smoking city districts or sidewalks, filled with pedestrians, where they clearly prohibit smoking. They have guards walking around with signs saying "no-smoking: fine of \2,000," but I have no idea how they would react to e-cigarettes actually.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread