Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Company policy not paying salary for 2months? 2015/1/12 20:07
So i recently started a job at social hotel. (Not the usual similar looking hote but like residental ) but yes it is a hotel. For example Hotels loke tokyu ikebukuro, hotel graphy nezu,sakurahotel ikebukuro.
My question is - i started working recently (daybeforeYesterday) . I was interviewd and then immediately hired and started working. I lack understanding japanese but his housekeeping j doesnt require speaking japANESE but english . so the managr did explained me abt when he will give the salary (i thot every 25th of month) but today my other co worker said " they will pay directly on 25th of march. Wow what ???!!! I started in janauary and i ill get my whole two moths salary directly on march 25th .. There were new staffs who joined a month ago and has not received their salary yet. Co worker said ITS COMPANY POLICY(yet you yourself discuss properly abt it again). Ok is this legit ? Has ts happened to anyone? Not being paid monthly but directly after two months (first time staffs (company policy) . PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS BETTER .. im getting a feeling of weirdness .. Has anyone experienced this type of paying system!????? PLS ANS Me
by Tension (guest)  

Re: Company policy not paying salary for 2months? 2015/1/13 10:48
It probably depends on when you were hired, but usually the salary is paid on some day the next month. If yours isn't getting paid until March, then probably they expect all the paperwork etc. to take long enough that they will miss the deadline to pay you in February. That's normal, a lot of eikaiwa jobs are like that.

For example, I have 2 part time eikaiwa jobs. One pays on the 25th of the next month, the other the 15th. So since I started working in October, my first paychecks weren't until November.

2 months is a bit long, but it could just be company policy. Have you tried talking to your other coworkers? They should be able to tell you if its normal.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Company policy not paying salary for 2months? 2015/1/13 16:59
I think u r right. Now i am getting the point of it. Thanks for the reply . My question and understanding was bit longer .thankyou.
And yes te other co workers also said so but they were lacking to explain better .. But i got it now. My dad told me .
by Tension (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread