Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how to ask something 2015/1/23 00:57
Hello, how could I ask this? "Could you please post (this) here?" or something like this?

I want to ask someone if they wouldn't mind to post their work, but of course I don't want it to sound as a command and also I want it to be clear that I'm asking for them to post it not asking permission for me to repost it...

I hope this is clear.
Thank you.
by Malala16  

Re: how to ask something 2015/1/24 13:39
When you say "post," do you mean on an online social networking site or something like that? And when you say "(this)," you are referring to an image you saw somewhere else? Or are you going to say this to someone, let's say, that you meet in person, at an art show or something, and looking at their work in person, you want to ask "Could you please post (photos of) this work on (a website)?" or something like that?

Some background like the above would make it easier for people to come up with appropriate sentences :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: how to ask something 2015/1/24 15:27
Oh right, I meant this person has a twitter, a blog, etc... so I wanted to ask her if she could post her drawing i saw on her blog on her twitter too so i can share it... if that make sense u//u
by Malala16 rate this post as useful

Re: how to ask something 2015/1/24 15:36
- Burogu ni nosete ita e wo, twitter ni nosete moraemasen ka?
(Would you please post onto twitter the drawing that you had on your blog?)

If you are commenting on her drawing on her blog (so you are on her page with that drawing on it), you could just say:
- Kono e wo, twitter ni nosete moraemasen ka? (Would you please post this drawing onto twitter?)

If you want to give the reason, then:
- Shea shitai no de, kono e wo twitter ni nosete moraemasen ka? (Because I want to share it, would you please post this drawing onto twitter?)

Re: how to ask something 2015/1/25 05:23
Oh thank you! So just like in english, the best way to asking something politely would be doing it indirectly, using the negative form, right?

Also, if I can ask another thing, is related. I asked someone if I can repost their work, and they replied,

はじめまして、xxxと申します!
送ってくださった件について確認しました。
仰ってくださったように、名前と元のURLを取ってくださるならブログに移転しても大丈夫です。
あと、転載するときは、ログを転載したページのリンク
(ブログメインページのリンクじゃなく、転載されたページと直接繋がるリンク)
を送ってくださると幸いです。

それでは以上のことにてよろしくお願いします!

"log" is how they call to a set of drawing posted in just one post, like an album. So if I didn't get wrong, she's asking me for me to put the link to that post and not to her blog main page?

Re: how to ask something 2015/1/25 09:39
- Asking "...(te) moraemasen ka?" is like "Wouldn't you do (this) for me?"

- About the link, I have a feeling that she wants YOU to send her the link where you shared/copied her page. And when you do that, she is asking you to "send me the URL that links directly to the page where you shared my work, not the URL for the top page of your blog."

Re: how to ask something 2015/1/25 12:11
Ahh now I get it... thanks for all your helping! :)

reply to this thread