Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Macbook Pro 2015/1/28 21:53
I am planning to buy MacBook Pro when I go there. Where is the best place to buy a brand new one? And as tourist, am i eligible for any tax refund?

Thanks! :)
by Jeffrey (guest)  

Re: Macbook Pro 2015/1/28 23:58
If you want a brand new one, your only option is to go to an Apple store or an authorised Apple reseller which should sell them at the same price.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Macbook Pro 2015/1/29 00:19
Hi Firas,

Thanks for reply.

Just one more question. Do they give tax refund if you are a tourist?

Thanks!
by Jeffrey (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Macbook Pro 2015/1/29 00:27
I am not very familiar with this, but some large electronic stores like Yodobashi or Bic do sell items tax-free (I don't think Apple stores do, but I may be wrong). You shouldn't have any trouble finding a tax-free electronics store in Akihabara in Tokyo or Den-Den Town in Osaka.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Macbook Pro 2015/1/29 09:25
The Apple stores are indeed tax free stores, and you're probably best off just buying there since other retailers tend to have less selection and are not really able to offer better prices.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Macbook Pro 2015/1/29 20:02
Thanks guys!

Re: Macbook Pro 2015/1/30 05:35
I just picked up a Macbook Air in Tokyo recently.
I found Bic Camera to be the cheapest. You get it tax free at the time if youre leaving the country with it, a further 5% discount if you pay all or some on Visa card, and at the time they had a promo on, which they said they run pretty often taking off a further 10 or 15% ( i cant remember), so maybe worth asking them if they have any deals coming up if nothing is on when you go in.
by Emdee rate this post as useful

Re: Macbook Pro 2015/1/31 01:14
Hi Emdee, that's cool. I hope I can get the same discount when I go there.

Re: Macbook Pro 2015/2/3 12:14
Where are you now?
Apple is a rather universal brand, why wouldn't you get one wherever you currently are?
If you buy one in the store you will have to get the Japanese keyboard layout. If you order directly from apple you can get any keyboard layout they offer from any country I believe (I have friends who have ordered Japanese keyboard layouts here in the USA).
by basketcase (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Macbook Pro 2015/2/5 17:04
Im in Singapore now and i thought it's cheaper in Japan. And do you mean that in retail stores in Japan, i wont be able to find one with English keyboard? Thanks

Re: Macbook Pro 2015/2/5 17:20
Preconfigured macbooks in Japan come with Japanese keyboards. That may be a non-issue though if you are a touch typist as they can be set to and English configuration.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread