Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Setting up Live mail, Outlook with Docomo 2015/1/31 10:05
Hello forum,

I followed these guidelines here (scroll to the bottom to see the pdf files):

https://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/service/docomo_cloud/docomo_mail/other/ind...

but it doesn`t work at all. I also find it strange that you`re supposed to use IMAP and not POP3 as it`s usually the case.
Before calling Docomo again and going thru a lot of frustration again, I was wondering if anyone knows how I could link my Live Mail or Outlook with my docomo email?

thanks a lot!!!
by rmartin  

Re: Setting up Live mail, Outlook with Docomo 2015/1/31 15:10
Hi there.

I have no experience setting up a Docomo mail account with Outlook etc.., but it is not unusual to use the IMAP protocol.

Please make sure you follow the instructions exactly as shown in the documentation. Never hurts to double and triple check the port settings etc..
by kcrackerg rate this post as useful

Re: Setting up Live mail, Outlook with Docomo 2015/1/31 20:13
I also find it strange that you`re supposed to use IMAP and not POP3 as it`s usually the case.

Uh? POP3 has been considered obsolete for many years now. I would be very wary of any mail provider which provides only POP3.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Setting up Live mail, Outlook with Docomo 2015/2/1 17:36
Ok, didn`t know that pop3 isn`t used widely anymore, most providers in Europe still use pop3.
Anyway, I gave up and called them, turns out you have to go into the deep depths of your smartphone and activate some function (spmode whatever) that you would never be able to find by yourself in order to see your emails on your PC.
by rmartin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread