Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What is procedure to visit Yokota, AFB? 2015/2/8 23:45
My family and I lived in Japamer Heights and on base at Yokota from 1962-1964. My daughter was the first baby born at Yokota in 1963, and we were written up in the Afterburner paper. We would like to visit where she was born and lived the first year of her life.

We plan to visit Japan in late March, 2015.
by Earnestine Simmons (guest)  

Re: What is procedure to visit Yokota, AFB? 2015/2/9 11:10
As with all active military bases, unless your still within the military you won't be able to visit them at all. However Yokota opens it's doors for one weekend in the summer for locals to visit but foreigners are not guaranteed entry for security reasons.
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

Re: What is procedure to visit Yokota, AFB? 2015/2/9 12:48
Earnestine,

Have you contacted the base at all? Even upon festivals, they only let visitors in to limited areas. Since you seem to have a special history, they may be able to assist you better if you contact them in advance. On the other hand, if you just show up, you can only go as far as the gate.

http://www.yokota.af.mil/main/contactus.asp
by Uoo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is procedure to visit Yokota, AFB? 2015/2/9 17:45
If you can find an on-base contact, personnel are allowed visitors. If you can find someone on base willing to sponsor you and stick with you while you visit, that's the best way to go.

Otherwise, it doesn't matter your connection, they're pretty strict about things.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: What is procedure to visit Yokota, AFB? 2017/10/27 01:37
I also lived lived at Japamer Heights September/October 1962 and then moved a year later to Johnson AFB. Would love to know if Earnestine Simmons was able to gain access.
by Kay Smith (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is procedure to visit Yokota, AFB? 2017/10/28 06:39
Are you ex military? If you have your retiree ID card you can get on the base by showing it at the gate.
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread