Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

cheapest mobile contract (resident) 2015/2/10 11:42
hello,
i was searching for a convenient sim card, only data possibly, not hardcore users.

i am still a bit confused how does the sim plan works here in japan, i am a resident with visa, so i am not searching for the temporary bmobile and so on.

as far as i understand, all plan in japan comes at least with a 2 year contract, there are no company who offers a pay as you go service, or a fixed fare i can charge monthly, so is mandatory for me to get a japanese credit card right?

thank you in advance for your support!

by sbranzo  

Re: cheapest mobile contract (resident) 2015/2/10 13:23
as far as i understand, all plan in japan comes at least with a 2 year contract

No, only the ones offered by the big carriers i.e. docomo, softbank, au, etc. There are dozens of small data only carriers out there like b-mobile, so-net, etc., but most only have Japanese information for the sims that are aimed at residents. Most are pay as you go although some have longer terms contracts that get you better rates.

so is mandatory for me to get a japanese credit card right?

No, some allow you to pay without a credit card.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: cheapest mobile contract (resident) 2015/2/11 14:32
thank you for your help!

i checked various solution, but with very different feedback by users...so bit confused about real quality of services...

is there any company you would suggest?

any good experience with them?

by sbranzo rate this post as useful

Re: cheapest mobile contract (resident) 2015/2/17 09:34
I'm looking for a cheap contract too. I use a lot of data though so I think cheap will not work for me.

https://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/iphone/charge/index.html

If I read this correctly, the monthly charge for 5GB would be \7,200?

Do you pay for a certain amount of minutes like 300 minutes a month or do you pay for just how much you use?

Sorry I am new to this.
by Sur (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: cheapest mobile contract (resident) 2015/2/20 23:22
to me 7200yen a month is crazy!

i find super cheap solution with nifmo/nifty, but sadly my current smartphone is not able to run their simcard...

if you have for example iphone6 sim free you can choose between 2/4/7 gyga a month for way more reasonable price!

by sbranzo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread