Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wifi Rental in Japan 2015/2/11 20:03
Hello!
Has anyone expieriences about a rental wifi? I found an offer from sakura mobile, that sound s quite good.
(https://www.sakuramobile.jp/order-japan-mobile-wifi-rental/).

We will be travelling in Japan for three weeks and this seems to be a nice way, to connect our two iphones to the internet...?

Thanks for your answers!

by Anne (guest)  

Re: Wifi Rental in Japan 2015/2/11 20:31
I personally used Japan-wireless.com. The connection is super fast and pick-up and return is easy. Just pick up from the airport and drop them off at any post box/office. I signed up for the cheapest package (21mps) and have no problems whatsoever.
by Murakami Seirin rate this post as useful

Re: Wifi Rental in Japan 2015/2/11 21:25
Hi (just my 5 cents).

Keep in mind that all/most Android (and i believe also Apple) smartphones can be used as a wifi mobile router (tethering). This means that if you have a smartphone you can consider just to buy/rent a (prepaid) sim only.

On my last trip i bought a 1GB sim from www.econnectjapan.com. Although my smartphone was not listed on their compatibility list it worked fine (also on an older Android (2.3) phone that we had with us).
They can sent the sim to the first hotel you are going to stay and you do not have to bother to sent in anything at the end of your trip.
The only problem i had with it that the first hotel i stayed did not recognize the name as a future guest (mixed up first/last name) so they were considering to sent it back!

Have fun on your trip.

B. Slager
by B.Slager (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wifi Rental in Japan 2015/2/13 17:58
got mine from global advanced communications. 7mbps. worked perfectly fine - collectable at the post office the airport or any hotels you may be going to. additional fees charged if you want to collect it before the post office opening hours.

doesn't last a full day with 2 devices connected, but with a power bank or any USB chargeable device, easily lasts 24 hours or more.

by BloodPrincess rate this post as useful

Re: Wifi Rental in Japan 2015/2/13 17:58
*75mbps sorry HAHA
by BloodPrincess rate this post as useful

Re: Wifi Rental in Japan 2015/2/13 23:21
I am currently traveling in japan & using global, we have had 2 iPhones & 2 iPada connected most of the time. Cannot fault the product, it has not been out of service or run down during the day, we're only charging once a day. Great service from global.
by Leanne (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wifi Rental in Japan 2015/2/14 04:41
I've used Global each of the last three years and will continue to do so, starting in 34 days with my upcoming trip. Easy, hassle-free and quite reasonable if you compare it to some other services out there. I only had problems on the trains around Shin-Fuji and Fukushima with all the tunnels and at Towadako because it's in hilly remote area.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Wifi Rental in Japan 2015/2/18 06:01
Thank you all for your answers, we will try sakura wifi now...its much cheaper than most of the other offers, we will see if it works out.
Thank you!
by Anne (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread