Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheap anime/manga shops? 2015/2/20 19:56
On my visit to Japan I'm planning to go to Akihabara in search for some Naruto figures as souvenirs for my geeky friends back home.

Now I googled a bit and found a tiny figure which costs 150$. Yeah, sure...

Are there any shops with prizes a regular worker can pay? I am really, reeally short on cash and I think this will be my one and only trip to Japan. So I really have to buy everything on this one trip :)
by dhmkhkk  

Re: Cheap anime/manga shops? 2015/2/20 23:37
Anime figures come in all shapes and sizes (and prices). You can browse Amazon to get an idea, the prices you find in stores will be about the same.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap anime/manga shops? 2015/2/21 00:26
Naruto Gacha-pon figures are cheap(200-400 yen per item).
Visit Akihabara cultures zone 3F, RobotRobot and Havikoro Toy. There are some Naruto Gacha figures there.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap anime/manga shops? 2015/2/21 02:25
Gacha is going to be your cheapest option for figurines. Most of those never go above $5 in price, of course the trade off is you don't really get to pick what you get since it's a capsule machine.

You could always just spend a few hours walking around Akihabara comparing different prices from all of the different stores there but figurines are usually the most expensive things to buy.

I've been able to find cheap discounted plushies and games during the times I've been to Akihabara but with figurines, if my friends ever ask for one while I'm in Japan, I just go to the gatcha machines since they are cheap and easy to get.
by xbutterxcupx rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap anime/manga shops? 2015/2/21 02:28
Got it, thanks for your answers!

I only hope that those figurines were not "made in China". Oh well, everything is :)
by dhmkhkk rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap anime/manga shops? 2015/2/21 05:41
There is a store in Akihabara near Suehirocho Metro station that has over 500 Gachapon machines. You may find what you are looking for there.

Link to Google Maps showing the location.
http://goo.gl/maps/r4E1a

Also, there is a Youtube video that covers this store.
http://youtu.be/jt2g7Fpu_58
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap anime/manga shops? 2015/2/21 05:56
Oh my God this looks like so much fun!!! I will definitely have to do it!! Thanks so much for the tip!
by dhmkhkk rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap anime/manga shops? 2015/2/21 15:34
It might be a good idea to visit "Nakano Broad way" shopping mall rather than visiting Akihabara.
Akihabara is one of the anime/manga and sub-culture spot in Tokyo but is not very cheap place for shopping.
Nakano broad way is a bit small but they have wide range of anime/manga and toy selection with cheaper price than in Akihabara.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap anime/manga shops? 2015/2/21 20:12
You could also try to see if you have luck at stores like BookOff. It's a used store chain for all different kinds of stuff and some stores even sell used Anime figures for an affordable price. As far as I remember, there should be a rather big BookOff near Akihabara station.
by Sunny (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread