Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

smartphone app for free calls w/number 2015/2/28 03:51
Does anyone know if there are apps for windows phone 8.1 or android (wm8.1 is better for me)that provides free calls and also provides you with a number that can be used in Japan.

Skype is the only one I know that provides a number so I can use in japan, but they have a monthly charge, is there any others.
by kms899  

Re: smartphone app for free calls w/number 2015/2/28 11:40
Have you tried "Line" app? I used it while I was in Japan...but if you're calling multiple places in Japan, then you might want to rent a sim card or phone....
by magicmike74 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: smartphone app for free calls w/number 2015/2/28 19:36
I've used line, not very good, and you need the other party in your list to make voice call.

Is there something like Skype which provide you with a Skype number.

thanks.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: smartphone app for free calls w/number 2015/3/10 14:28
Services that offer a free number are few and far between. I've used several over the years, but they either ended up stopping service after a while, or had terrible call quality. The best free (and still active) service that I've used so far is google voice, but you have to be on a US ip address to sign up. Otherwise, expect to pay a small fee for most voip numbers, either for the number itself or for calling credit.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: smartphone app for free calls w/number 2015/3/10 14:30
BTW, do you need a Japanese number specifically, or just a number that people can call you on when in Japan?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread