Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gel/Milk/BB/Lotion/Creme/Moisturizer? 2015/3/10 13:43
Help please!

I am confused by half of the above terms. What I'm looking for is a (preferably noncomedogenic) facial moisturizer with an SPF and PA rating of some sort (higher=better) and possibly anti-wrinkle properties for use under my makeup. I came close with a moisturizing sunscreen, but the picture on the bottle showed a woman putting it on her body, which made me think it isn't suitable for sensitive facial skin (super sensitive in my case). The BB creams also didn't seem to be suitable for me since they have a tint and my skin is extremely, extremely white. I also would not like it to contain whiteners for the same reason. :/

I did locate some "facial milk" with SPF, but have no idea what "milk" entails. I am going to the beauty store again later today, so if you could recommend a brand or something to look for, that would be so wonderful. I think Beauty Navi (or some such name) was recommended to me a few years ago, but I did not understand some parts of the site.

My previous moisturizer was a noncomedogenic Neutrogena anti-wrinkle retinoid moisturizer with SPF. I would like to find a similar product in Japan for ease of purchase.

Thank you very much!
by GoLizzy  

Re: Gel/Milk/BB/Lotion/Creme/Moisturizer? 2015/3/10 15:25
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Gel/Milk/BB/Lotion/Creme/Moisturizer? 2015/3/10 15:45
Thank you so much for the help, Tokyo Friend!

However, I would like something without any color. My skin is too white for Japanese makeup, even the lightest shades in most cases... And also, I have blue veins, making my coloring (cool coloring) a bit different to most Japanese people, who tend to have greener veins. So, I would like a product like what you've found but without any makeup color, if possible. I am very sorry for the inconvenience and know this is difficult!
by GoLizzy rate this post as useful

Re: Gel/Milk/BB/Lotion/Creme/Moisturizer? 2015/3/10 15:59
http://www.survivingnjapan.com/2010/10/from-sempai-how-to-find-skincar...

Ugly link but whatever. It explains the terms quite a bit. If you don't want whitening stuff (which is mostly for hyperpigmentation or spots left by acne) most products will probably have the kanji 白 somewhere. Or whitening in katakana...

I think many Japanese ladies use many different products and all-in-one products which you want are pretty rare.

That said, have you searched for Neutrogena on amazon.jp
by Asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gel/Milk/BB/Lotion/Creme/Moisturizer? 2015/3/10 16:09
Thank you, Asahana!

Thank you for the link! You may be right about the all-in-one product scarcity!

Re: Gel/Milk/BB/Lotion/Creme/Moisturizer? 2015/3/10 19:04
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Gel/Milk/BB/Lotion/Creme/Moisturizer? 2015/3/10 23:12
Definitely skip the bb cream. They say it's moisturizing and is a makeup base but I feel that most of them are not moisturizing enough to last a whole day in my experience.

I see that a few posters have provided you with some answers but in case if you ever need a guide to Japanese beauty products here is one that I refer to before I make my purchases: http://www.ratzillacosme.com/

It's pretty up to date and has product descriptions in English.

by yozakura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gel/Milk/BB/Lotion/Creme/Moisturizer? 2015/3/11 09:31
Thank you very much! I will check out those products and use that website!

Re: Gel/Milk/BB/Lotion/Creme/Moisturizer? 2015/3/16 21:58
Here's a really helpful forum on asian beauty: http://www.reddit.com/r/AsianBeauty/

Although the majority of posts are about Korean skincare, there is a lot of information on Japanese skincare too.
by MN (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread