Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Organic green tea? 2015/3/11 23:55
Hi,
I recently learned about "organic green tea" when in a local Japan grocery store.

I heard that pesticides can be appearing in Green tea from different parts of world, made in China for instance. Is this the same with Japan? Is pesticide use common in Japanese green tea? Or can I safely drink regular (non-organic) green tea from Japan?

How about Taiwan made green tea?
by Jojo (guest)  

Re: Organic green tea? 2015/3/12 11:59
You'll be fine. Getting super powers is not a bad side effect.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Organic green tea? 2015/3/12 13:01
If you are talking about residual pesticides, yes, they can be detected from made-in-Japan green tea as well as imported ones, although they all are supposed to meet the safety guideline that the Japanese government has stated. It's up to you to choose your favorite tea.

https://www.google.co.jp/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=%e6%97%a5%e6...
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Organic green tea? 2015/11/16 08:28
Pesticide residues can be found on non-organic tea leaves, but the residues should be negligible due to the processing that Japanese tea leaves undergo, which includes steaming and drying.

There are many different varieties of Japanese green tea. It all boils down to personal preference. For example, you might prefer matcha to sencha. Or you might prefer preparing tea in a teapot to using a teabag. Or you might prefer sencha prepared from leaves of the Yutaka Midori or Asanoka cultivar to that prepared from a blend of leaves from different cultivars. Currently I drink a fukamushi (deep-steamed) sencha made in Kagoshima Prefecture from leaves of the Saemidori cultivar. It has a jade green color and a slight, sweetish salty flavor to it, much like the smell of the ocean breeze.
by ippatsu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread