Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Special Suica card 2015/3/17 10:05
Hello:

A month or two ago Tokyo Station had its 100 year anniversary and they were selling special
commemorative Suica cards. Were they a limited edition or can you still buy one? If so, where can they be
bought?

Thanks
by MaxxT (guest)  

Re: Special Suica card 2015/3/17 12:02
Yes, I bought it. Maybe I'll get it next year...

Unfortunately, that order was over on February 9.
https://www.jreast.co.jp/suica100/
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Special Suica card 2015/3/17 12:34
Were they a limited edition or can you still buy one? If so, where can they be
bought?

They were limited edition and I heard they sold out pretty much immediately. You can pick one up on auction sites though for around 10,000 yen it seems.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Special Suica card 2015/3/19 06:15
Last I heard there were over 3 million applications for those cards and some of them won't be delivered until 2016.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Special Suica card 2015/3/19 11:00
Limited edition, it was, and initially JR tried to sell at a counter in Tokyo station, and there was so much crowd that they discontinued sales at the counter (after selling several hundreds).

They came back and started accepting online purchase applications, and now everyone who applied during the set time frame could buy up to 3, but the application period has been closed already. They received orders for over 5 million of them, and they will start dispatching the SUICA ... soon, but in batches. I know that I will receive mine probably between this fall and early next year.

So the ones that you see on auction sites (now) are probably from those who queued up at the station to buy, and come at exorbitant prices.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread