Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Prepaid SIM card for temporary stay 2015/3/24 01:12
I plan to go to Japan for a few months. Anyone have any suggestions on a prepaid sim card route for my sprint service iphone 6?
by matic  

Re: Prepaid SIM card for temporary stay 2015/3/24 11:21
data-only, voice-only, or both data+voice?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Prepaid SIM card for temporary stay 2015/3/24 11:40
@yllwsmrf

if possible both data and voice would be great
by matic rate this post as useful

Re: Prepaid SIM card for temporary stay 2015/3/24 21:01
How many months is "a few"? In particular, will you have a residence card? For voice plans, this makes a difference.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Prepaid SIM card for temporary stay 2015/3/24 21:02
Also, do you have a particular reason to insist on "prepaid" SIM cards? They are usually more expensive.

Re: Prepaid SIM card for temporary stay 2015/3/24 21:11
my time is pretty open ended, so i don't have an exact amount of time. i will have a japanese passport but no residence card. i also don't have to have a prepaid sim, i just thought that might be the easiest option for a temporary stay. but would love to hear what kind of options i have!

Re: Prepaid SIM card for temporary stay 2015/3/24 21:36
Basically, the most advantageous voice plans are not available to foreign tourists, but are available to foreign residents (i.e., those with a resident card), as well as to Japanese citizens of course.

One of the most cost-effective data+voice plans is with b-mobile:

http://www.bmobile.ne.jp/bmsim/plan.html

The cost per month is 800 yen plus 20 yen per 30 seconds for voice, and either 1180 yen for 3GB of data, or 1780 yen for unlimited data.

Re: Prepaid SIM card for temporary stay 2015/3/24 22:36
@Firas

thank you! i will take a look into b-mobile as i've heard others pointing to their service as well. thank you again for the pointers

reply to this thread