Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is it polite or impolite? 2015/3/26 07:34
This question may sound stupid, but still it is important for me.

I have made a web portfolio that should be viewed by one Japanese company. It is going along my CV.

In the portfolio there is a part called "ABOUT ME"

There are: My picture, text, and a map.

The map is simple Google map, that shows my location. There I identified my country with Google arrow.( I am from Europe).

Maybe it looks impolite or something like that? It may look like I am thinking that Japanese people are not aware about where is my country located...
It may look like I want to teach them in some way.

Am I right?

Thank you in advance.

by Noorr  

Re: Is it polite or impolite? 2015/3/26 16:40
I believe it is superfluous and not really necessary. If people are unaware of where your country is located, they have the resources to look it up.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Is it polite or impolite? 2015/3/26 17:58
I don't think it is impolite. You did quite accurate.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Is it polite or impolite? 2015/3/26 18:01
Thank you for your answers. I will think what to do with this map.
by Noorr rate this post as useful

Re: Is it polite or impolite? 2015/3/26 22:33
Is it just your country that you pointed out or your city? I think that adults would, in fact, want to know where your city is located. And not everybody in the world can really pinpoint Paris or even Tokyo for that matter. On the other hand, just pointing out your vast country doesn't really mean much unless you're from Vatican.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it polite or impolite? 2015/3/29 00:02
I pointed out my city. Anyways, thank you I have already removed the map.
by Noorr rate this post as useful

reply to this thread