Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Choosing a presnet for Japanese friend 2015/3/29 02:16
Help!!

Just bought this cream for a female Japanese friend (- I am also female). It has White Lily scent or trace of it. I've only just read that this flower is associated with funerals. Will this cream be offensive?
by Wayy  

Re: Choosing a presnet for Japanese friend 2015/3/29 09:45
Can't answer your question..... But..... noticed you are from the UK, a lot of Japanese women love English China. Wedgewood, Royal Albert, Royal Doulton, etc. will be a hit, esp. since it is also something typical from your home country. Just something to consider.....
by Dutch Ann (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Choosing a presnet for Japanese friend 2015/3/29 12:13
Thankyou for your answer. This friend stayed in UK in my home town for over a year to study English and is a young adult. Would anything English brand still be OK? Sorry I did not make it clear in my query.
by Wayy rate this post as useful

Re: Choosing a presnet for Japanese friend 2015/3/29 13:51
Anything English will be appreciated and since she lived in England I would think it will appeal to her even more.
by Dutch Ann (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Choosing a presnet for Japanese friend 2015/3/29 19:57
White Lily is not particularly associated with funerals in Japan than they are in England. They are commonly decorated in homes, shops and hotels. In fact, there even is a traditional Christian school in Tokyo of that name because of the flower's association with Christianity, which also include Christian funerals of course.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Choosing a presnet for Japanese friend 2015/3/29 21:08
Japanese white chrysanthemum(mum)
http://www.flower-photo.info/upload/save_image/11111440_509f3a37d33bf.... can be sent as a typical funeral flower but white lily is alright.
Japanese chrysanthemum is accepted as a Imperial crest, so it doesn't mean it's a bad luck in terms of Japanese history.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread