Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Softbank plans 2015/4/7 23:01
Hi everyone!

I'll be going to Japan for 5 months on exchange soon. I want to subscribe to a niconico channel and one of the ways to do so is by using softbank matomete shiharai. So, I plan on getting a smartphone from softbank and getting a plan that will get me a softbank mail address. I looked up plans on the website (http://www.softbank.jp/en/mobile/price_plan/smartphone/) but I'm a bit confused, can I just get the white plan + the s! basic pack or do I have to get the data plan too ?

I'm also wondering about whether it'll be okay if I leave Japan and don't cancel my contract? I don't mind paying the monthly plan fee (though I would like to keep it to the minimum, which is why I ask about needing the data plan or not) via credit card since I want my number and mail address to stay valid so I can continue being subscribed the niconico channel but I'm just afraid they'll realise I'm not in Japan and cancel my contract or something?

Thanks for reading! (:
by sherlocked  

Re: Softbank plans 2015/4/13 14:14
You probably don't qualify for a contract phone on your visa. Get a softbank prepaid instead as you can get a softbank email address with it.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Softbank plans 2015/4/15 12:47
Thanks for the reply! I searched it up and it looks like matomete shiharai is incompatible with prepaid. But I think I'll still get one for convenience!
by sherlocked rate this post as useful

reply to this thread