Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

data/voice contract 2015/4/16 20:40
hey guys, I'm moving to hyogo prefecture soon.. i was looking at several mobile providers and decided to go with bmobile. I'll need a local number and data on the move. I'll also purchase a unlock phone from yodobashi for use with the SIM.

A background info, I'll be there for a year contract, but renewable yearly. Would anyone recommend anything else than the above?

A little sidetrack, is the オサイフケータイ function necessary?
by hyogo (guest)  

Re: data/voice contract 2015/4/17 10:07
A little sidetrack, is the オサイフケータイ function necessary?

No, unless you don't want to carry a physical IC card.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: data/voice contract 2015/4/18 16:03
I was going to go with BMobile, but found out that their coverage in the area I live in isn't the greatest. I ended up going with Docomo mainly because they were the only cell phone carrier to let me use my unlocked iPhone from America. I'm quite happy with my monthly bill too. It's not as cheap as BMobile, but it's much less than what I was paying in the states!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: data/voice contract 2015/4/18 19:27
b-mobile uses the Docomo network, though?

Re: data/voice contract 2015/4/20 11:19
Yea, bmobile runs on docomo's network, but the coverage (speeds at least) could depend on the plan. In the past some of their cheapest offerings were 3g only, but I'm not too familiar with their newer plans so that may be old news.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: data/voice contract 2015/4/20 11:34
Well, it seems the problem with b-mobile's latest offering is not the cellular network but the massive speed limitations they impose. I wish I had read those Amazon comments before getting it. :p

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00QQ4GS3M/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&...

(Yes, the comments are entirely accurate.)

Re: data/voice contract 2015/4/21 12:16
thanks guys for the reply! i will be going with bmobile and also getting a portable wifi router so i have unlimited data on the go~! :)
by hyogo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread