Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Friends with tall foreigners? 2015/5/6 00:09
Hey out there!

I wanted to know if (you) Japanese people like to be friends with foreigneers, even tough they're much taller than them? So I'm a 183cm (6 inches?) tall girl and I'm really afraid that Japanese people might avoid me because of my height... Any answers/opinions?
by Rhosmari  

Re: Friends with tall foreigners? 2015/5/6 13:27
Do you care about a person's height when deciding whether you want to be friends with them?

Japanese people are not aliens, for Heaven's sake...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Friends with tall foreigners? 2015/5/6 15:36
Is this some kind of a joke? Oh well, maybe you're a teenager with very little experience. So, yes, but not because she's a foreigner but because she's she.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Friends with tall foreigners? 2015/5/6 16:14
The height is not the point of issue if you have a good personality.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Friends with tall foreigners? 2015/5/6 18:20
A Japanese person would never wish to befriend a foreigner only 6 inches tall...
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Friends with tall foreigners? 2015/5/6 20:07
I heard they only care about your nose size anyway.
by FrenchDude rate this post as useful

Re: Friends with tall foreigners? 2015/5/6 23:04
No I was serious since there are a lot of people who are ashamed of being friends with a ugly/obese/whatever person since they would be seen in public. I know that this is induvidually but I feel really unsecure about this matter
by Rhosmari rate this post as useful

Re: Friends with tall foreigners? 2015/5/7 02:01
Stop joking! Both of you :D
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Friends with tall foreigners? 2015/5/7 02:35
Forget it. They'll frown upon the shape of your eyes anyway. xD
by KeepingKateyu rate this post as useful

Re: Friends with tall foreigners? 2015/5/8 14:54
Rohsmari, 183 cm is a tiny bit over 6 FEET ...
One inch = 2.54 cm. One foot = 12 inches.
Not all Japanese are short..some of them, especially young people, will be close to your size.

Whether they are friendly or not depend a lot on how well they speak English..
I found out that some young Japanese that have trouble speaking English speak French more fluently..or another language..
It is the same in many other countries..
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Friends with tall foreigners? 2015/5/12 22:24
hello my friend,

my height is also 6 feet and i have a wife in Japan she is fhilipino and to small then me she is 5 feet 3 inch and also in weight i m 82 kg and my wife is only 50 kg as u can say almost double but i never feel like some one is making a joke or what ever---while she introduce me to her Japanese friends or indoesian friends she feel to proud on me and all of there friends become to frank to me and they will say to my wife where u should meet with this big man and she is answering to every one on internet and some them ask from me that if i have relative or brother that they can marry.....height isn,t any problem one day while i was in Japan my wife took me to the school of kids and there the friends of my wife daughter come to me and the kids are saying sum thing in Japanese i can,t understand but my wife will translate it to me in english that the kids are saying that this man is to handsome he is tall big and look at his pointed nose--- Japanese people are to good they never think some thing bad about u even i travel in trains and i go to different malls but no one will say any thing about my height or any thing else they are friendly..Salaute for japanese people
by Un known (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread