Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying a Hanko in Kyoto with an English name 2015/5/7 18:22
A few years ago I bought one of these in Gion but on returning I cannot find the shop. Does anyone know where I may order one in Kyoto - made to order with an English name?

I very much appreciate any response.
Thank you!
by Broulee  

Re: Buying a Hanko in Kyoto with an English name 2015/5/7 20:07
I ordered mine on hankoya.com (I used the katakana version of my name for it since it's not for official use, but you can also use latin alphabet).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a Hanko in Kyoto with an English name 2015/5/8 16:24
If you have kanji name converted from english name,
I suppose there in no problem to make Hanko at Hanko shop in Kyoto.

I you don't have kanji name, please check the following site.

http://www.chinesetools.eu/names/
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a Hanko in Kyoto with an English name 2015/5/8 17:30
My non-Japanese spouse has a hanko with his family name - in katakana, and it looks quite neat. I believe he went to a "hanko" store in town, where he could choose the material, and got it done. He uses it for his bank account and other official reasons too.

The "kanji name" URL suggested by the above poster is fun, but since the selection of kanji is arbitrary, I suggest you have it made in katakana :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a Hanko in Kyoto with an English name 2015/5/8 20:55
Thank you everyone for your replies and many options.

by Broulee rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a Hanko in Kyoto with an English name 2015/5/8 23:47
hanko is a reproducible picture, designed by letters. any types of kanji, hiragana, katakana, and alphabets can be used.
readability is not concerned.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread