Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What do they mean by inquiry? 2015/6/23 06:03
I am trying to contact a hotel I want to book by email but not for booking a room. I want to ask about some things not listed on their site ( non smoking rooms, etc). Do I do it where it say inquiry? Or is that only for booking questions and bookings? Should I call?
by holybell  

Re: What do they mean by inquiry? 2015/6/23 10:59
in·quir·y
ˈinkwərē,inˈkwī(ə)rē/
noun
noun: enquiry; plural noun: enquiries; noun: inquiry; plural noun: inquiries

an act of asking for information.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What do they mean by inquiry? 2015/6/23 11:04
I understand that, of course. I just thought that it was translated strangely like some of the other hotels I looked through using Google Translate.
by holybell rate this post as useful

Re: What do they mean by inquiry? 2015/6/23 11:28
Google Translate butchers the translation. You can only get a "general idea" of what is said when you use it. Inquiry is where you'd ask questions you'd want answered.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: What do they mean by inquiry? 2015/6/23 15:34
Do I do it where it say inquiry? Or is that only for booking questions and bookings?

It totally depends on the website, of course. Would you like to share with us which particular website you are refering to? Or would you like to try and send your inquiry anyway?
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What do they mean by inquiry? 2015/6/23 19:53
http://www.sakura-ryokan.com/inquiry/
5his the ryokan's site.

Re: What do they mean by inquiry? 2015/6/23 20:14
It is pretty clear that this page is where you ask them questions and they'll respond.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: What do they mean by inquiry? 2015/6/23 20:16
If they don't answer then I should call? If yes, what's the best time in JST.

Re: What do they mean by inquiry? 2015/6/23 23:08
Well what do you think would be the best time for you to call a business in your home country? So, now apply that to the ryokan.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What do they mean by inquiry? 2015/6/23 23:19
Thanks everyone!

reply to this thread