Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying yukata 2015/6/23 08:34
Hi,

Will be in the following cities for next month. Anyone knows where can I buy the yukata from?

Okayama, Hiroshima, kurashiki, Osaka,
by soulocean  

Re: Buying yukata 2015/6/24 00:17
I sell in Uniqlo of a department store and the large store.
by airship rate this post as useful

Re: Buying yukata 2015/6/26 11:52
Unless they brought the yukata back this year, Uniqlo no longer sells yukata, and haven't since at least 2011.

Yukata are a seasonal thing, so starting late June/early July you can find stands of yukata in many places, and might even walk by one while shopping or sightseeing!

One place to find yukata are department stores such as Takashimaya. These usually have a big range of yukata available, from expensive brand names to generic sets. You can buy a set with the yukata, geta, and the obi (usually a pre-tied obi) for 3500-4000 yen at these places. Sometimes they even come with a bag or hair accessory.

Kimono stores will also have a large selection of yukata, and usually a shop assistant will help you try some on and give recommendations for accessories. They may or may not have the sets though. Not only are stand-alone kimono stores found in all the cities you're going to, you can also find stores in big grocery store/shopping chains like Ito Yokado. Actual shopping malls like Aeon also often have a kimono store in them.

Finally, there are sometimes used yukata found at flea markets and Sunday markets, used kimono/fabric stores, and used clothing stores such as Off House.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Buying yukata 2015/6/28 05:07
UniQlo has a new Yukata collection this summer and I'm planning to buy one there for me (^^) However, only selected shops of UniQlo will have it.

Anyway, if you are looking for a cheap set I also can recommend Don Quijote (ドン・キホーテ), short Donki (ドンキ). They often have some for around 3000~4000 Yen. I bought a set there with Yukata and Obi last year.
by Yoko Lost in Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Buying yukata 2015/7/21 00:03
YOU CAN BUY IT ANYWHERE. BUT IF YOU WANT TO GET IT CHAPER, YOU SHOULD GO DEPARTMENT STORE. THESE ARE SOLD AT A SPECIAL PRICE NOW.
IF YOU WANT TO TRY GOOD JAPANESE QUOLITY, SEACH 'YUKATASENNMONNTENN OSAKA' AND GO THAT STORE. BUT BE CAREFUL.THESE ARE EXPENCIVE.
by YURI (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread