Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Do they accept Yen with stamp on it? 2015/6/25 15:14
I am going to Japan for training. I wasn't around, therefore my family helped me changed some Yen at a money changer to prepare for my trip there. They didn't realized it when they changed. But when I came back, I saw the banknotes were stamped with a "Nepo-n" behind and a character in front in the middle where there is a blank space. I've asked the money changer and they said it can be used. But I'm still not so sure about it. Does anyone know if it's still acceptable?
by greenpeas (guest)  

Re: Do they accept Yen with stamp on it? 2015/6/25 17:24
I don't quite get it. Do ALL the banknotes have some stamp and a strange character on them??

If one is smeared or scribbled on, that's one thing, though...
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do they accept Yen with stamp on it? 2015/6/25 23:19
if your banknotes are genuine, you can ask the replacement at banks in Japan with no charge.
if not genuine, you will encounter a serious problem.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do they accept Yen with stamp on it? 2015/6/26 07:24
I think it's normal, some banks and people put some sort of markers on it to keep track of their money, they do this in almost every countries.

As long as the corner number and certain part of the note is not damage or missing, you should be ok.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Do they accept Yen with stamp on it? 2015/6/26 09:21
picture showing the note with weird mark stamp will be much appreciated.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do they accept Yen with stamp on it? 2015/6/26 09:30
anyway googled it and found something look similar to what you said. is it something like this?
blue ink NEPO-N stamp.
http://goo.gl/KdZtLP

Re: Do they accept Yen with stamp on it? 2015/6/26 11:57

yes!! It looks like that. Is it normal? And I realized only the 10,000 Yen note has it. The others are fine.
by greenpeas (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do they accept Yen with stamp on it? 2015/6/26 15:17
if you google 一万円札変なスタンプ, you can see many different stamp on 10000 yen notes.
seems like most of it are for identification or marking. And yes most are legalt ender as mention by kms899.
if you are worry about it can always get it replace at bank.

reply to this thread