Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Talent Agency 2015/7/8 16:33
Can you get scouted as a model if you are walking in cities such as Shibuya and Harajiku?
by Chocolate (guest)  

Re: Talent Agency 2015/7/8 21:50
Highly unlikely for reputable model agencies.

More likely one would be scouted for more lewd side of entertainment business on the streets.
by K0DAMA rate this post as useful

Re: Talent Agency 2015/7/8 23:37
It's actually likely. A couple of models-turned-actors were scouted from the Harajuku/Shibuya area like Okada Masaki.

Just be careful of scammers, though. Always research the agency before you dive into it!
by yozakura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Talent Agency 2015/7/9 01:11
If and only if you are an international standard person.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Talent Agency 2015/7/9 17:15
yozakura,

that is an anecdotal fallacy and thus not valid. Just because there is a couple of examples doesn't mean that it is likely to happen.

Anyway, it doesn't cost anything to keep that possibility open when visiting those places, but I would recommend to be VERY careful and critical of the possible scouts.
by K0DAMA rate this post as useful

Re: Talent Agency 2015/7/11 00:19
K0DAMA,

You can read up a lot on being scouted in Shibuya/Harajuku so it's not as highly unlikely as you would think. The OP only wanted to know if it's possible, not if all the scouters are from reliable agencies. Hence, I suggested that the OP should research the agencies to avoid scammers. In your response above, you said to keep the possibility open--so do you think it's likely or are you going back to your first post to say that it's highly unlikely? Now you've got me intrigued. ;)

Re: Talent Agency 2015/7/11 09:24
Kodama is right. He says its highly unlikely but possible, which is not a contradiction.

On the other hand, you say that it is possible and likely, which is simply not the case. Cite all the Japanese models/actors you want, they aren't exactly representative of the typical foreigner walking the streets of Shibuya/Harajuku.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Talent Agency 2015/7/11 11:49
lottery buyers are always thinking they will be a winner in future.

there are several cases.
real famous agencies: it is extremely low possibility. but,no one can say "none".
real agencies, but no famous: they may be collecting your personal information. they may make a contract in which they have no obligations to offer you a job. they may request to take lessons (you need to pay).
in the two cases, there is no guarantee to get money by the job.
fake agencies: most possible. they may force to have lessons to pay. they may not have a connection to offer you a job. the problems are that they might be yakuza or something undergrounds.

the reason why agencies could be related to yakuza is that agencies were mostly related to yakuza at least until that TV becomes popular. there still are scandals in which a certain talent has a relation to yakuza.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Talent Agency 2015/7/14 22:15
I am speaking not from my personal experience but of friends and acquaintances who have done a couple of modeling jobs there. But it's okay, I get the skepticism.

reply to this thread