Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pythagora(s) Switch - UK fan seeks DVD 2015/7/20 19:31
Our 5 year old (and I) have fallen in love with this amazing TV programme which occasionally shows (in the "mini", 5 minute, version) on NHK World in the UK.

I'm recording all the episodes I can come across, but I wondered whether there was a DVD available to purchase. I'm in the UK, so as far as I can see, we're in DVD Region 2 which should mean that Japanese DVDs are playable on a normal UK DVD recorder.

Ideally, I'd love to purchase the NHK World version (i.e. with English overdubbing, so that we could be driven crazy by the "catchy" songs in English), but I don't know if this is possible.

I've seen Japanese book+DVD sets for sale on Rakuten, and on Amazon in the U.S., but nothing available in the UK.

Any help will be gratefully received. Thanks for reading my query.
by Winter Visitor  

Re: Pythagora(s) Switch - UK fan seeks DVD 2015/7/22 01:42
DVD is Region 2.
However, the video system different in Europe and Japan.
Japan is NTSC.
UK is PAL.
If a personal computer, it seems DVD of Japan can also be seen.
If the video system is multi-compatible things, it is able to play in the UK.
It shifts the story, I like The Algorithm Exercise(Algorithm taisou).
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Pythagora(s) Switch - UK fan seeks DVD 2015/7/22 10:23
if you buy region-free and NTSC/PAL version of DVD player, you can watch the DVDs. the players are relatively cheap, and may find it in UK easily.
at present, 3 DVD books are available in Japanese.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pythagora(s) Switch - UK fan seeks DVD 2015/7/22 17:02
Thanks, both of you.

Haro - thanks especially for the reminder about TV format. Much appreciated.

Perhaps the best solution is for me to save the money I could have spent on unplayable DVDs and to spend it instead on some equipment to make our own Pythagora Switch effects instead of watching them on TV.

I still love the program, though, and cant' get those horribly catchy tunes out of my head ;0)
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread