Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Winter Jacket 2015/7/21 10:33
Hi,
I will be in Japan from September until March. I know Japan can get cold during the winter so I will need a winter jacket. I'm an American male. I'm 6 foot 3 inches (193 cm) and around 175 pounds (79 kg). Will I be able to find a winter coat my size in Japan? Should I buy one before I arrive in September? Do any other tall people have experience shopping in Japan?

Thank you.
by nihon ni ikitai  

Re: Winter Jacket 2015/7/21 12:15
I would recommend getting one before you come over. While you might find something your size here in Japan, you'll be cold from the time you land to whenever you manage to go shopping. What if you don't find something you like? What if something doesn't fit? Personally, I wouldn't risk that at all. Japanese winters are COLD!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Winter Jacket 2015/7/21 12:19
While September and October will still be relatively hot (25-30's), you may still want to pick something up ahead of time just for the increased selection.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Winter Jacket 2015/7/21 23:29
Well, they do sell American XL in Japan, too, so I suppose it depends on what your budget is and how light a traveler you are. I mean, I'm a gal, but I would never want to carry anything heavier than a blazer and scarf to come to Honshu in September.

http://www.eddiebauer.jp/%E3%82%A2%E3%82%A6%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC/cid/1010...
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Winter Jacket 2015/7/22 04:50
I agree with ScaredDragon--come prepared & you'll be glad you did.
by Jaserlaxer rate this post as useful

reply to this thread