Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Food and insect bite allergy testing 2015/7/29 16:41
I'm specifically looking for the kind of test where they put things on your skin and have you eat foods you might be allergic to in a controlled environment.

I had my first allergic reaction in my life. My throat almost swelled shut such that I had trouble breathing. I had blood tests done, but I've heard they are nowhere near as accurate as these other types of tests. I got slightly high readings on shrimp and milk, but have consumed shrimp occasionally and dairy products regularly after my reaction and before my test; absolutely nothing happened to me. From that day, it could have been a number of foods, or an insect bite.

Does anyone know of any allergy clinic that can perform these tests? Preferably a clinic where they speak at least conversational English. Somewhere in southern Tokyo, Kawasaki or even Yokohama if there's nothing else. I need to know what caused that reaction.
by Hapa Honey  

Re: Food and insect bite allergy testing 2015/7/29 23:34
Send me a direct message. I know some allergy, dermatology and otorhinolaryngology clinic which contains personal profile.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Food and insect bite allergy testing 2015/8/2 06:33
There are some unusual food allergies out there.

Rare and Unusual Food Allergies.
http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/090313p54.shtml

If nothing shows up on the allergy tests, it may have been an insect bite or you may even have had a bad panic attack.

by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Food and insect bite allergy testing 2015/8/2 10:18
if you sleep in air conditioned room (especially, the wind comes to your face), your throat will often swell.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread