Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

divorce from outside Japan 2015/8/4 18:12
how can i rekkon my japanese husband in japan when i am here in the philippines and i can't contact him?please helpppp thank u
by kawaiime (guest)  

Re: divorce from outside Japan 2015/8/4 18:57
Did you get married according to the Japanese law, or according to the Philippine law? And when you say you cannot contact him, do you mean you don't know where he is or do you know where he is, but he refuses to contact you or something?

If you got married according to the Japanese law, and:
- If your spouse has left you for no reason and has been gone for one year or longer, that can be a cause for divorce due to deserting the spouse. For that, you need to have asked the police (in Japan) to search for him, inquire with friends/relatives, etc., to make every effort to find him, and show to court that your spouse is still not locatable. You need to file with the family court in Japan.

- If your spouse has terminated contact for three years or longer, and you don't know his whereabouts, you can file for divorce at a regional court in Japan, and obtain divorce verdict.

If you returned to the Philippines of your own will, that changes the whole picture.

Also, if you got married according to the Philippine law, your marriage needs to be dissolved according to your law (if it allows it).
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: divorce from outside Japan 2015/8/7 21:19
are you in Philppine now permanent or on vacations ? sorry to ask you like that but how you can,t contact to your husband?

where did you get marry to your husband in Japan or In Philppines?
thats the most important where did u get marry to him...If you marry him in Japan and if you have a valid visa then u should file your divorce case in Japan.and the most important point is that if you also register your marriage in Philppine embassy then after taking divorce from your Japanese husband you should file the Annulment there in Philppines--as may be you know that-----

if you get marry to your japanese husband in Philppine then you need to file the annulment case there in Philppines---and it take time and also you need lot of money for the process of annulment---

((( and if you marry to ur husband in Japan and now if you can,t contact him and don,t have visa of japan better to go to Japan embassy in philppines and ask from them they will give you a better advise then any one of us here )))

my wife has a fhilipina friend who get married to Japanese
man In Japan-She take divorce from the Japanese husband in Japan and get marry to Srilankan----when she visit to Immigration of japan they told her to register your marriage in Philppine embassy when she go there they refused there marriage and tell her to file the annulment case in Philppines bcoz ur marriage is register in Nso philppines..now she file the annulment case in Philppines....

sorry my friend but that what i know may be some one else will you better advise then me hope so and wish you all the best--
by GoGO (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread