Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

selling video games? 2015/8/8 12:53
Hi

I collect video games. I have some japanese stuff I want to get rid of that's not worth much outside of Japan. As I'm going to Tokyo next week, I thought that perhaps I could bring it and sell it to a second hand game store or something.

I know here in Australia, you need to provide proof of residence to sell things second hand. Is that the case in Japan?

And is this something that might be too tough without speaking the language?
by pynchonwithit  

Re: selling video games? 2015/8/9 13:07
It might depend on the store, but I think it is the same. I've sold various things to Book Off and similar stores, and they always make you write down an address. I think also that most of these places don't have any English speakers, so it'd be the luck of the draw whether you get help.

Have you considered selling online instead? Plenty of people are interested in Japanese items, and you might find you can sell them more easily in Australia than in Japan.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread