Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Birthday present or activity when in Japan 2015/8/18 15:40
Ifm traveling with my husband to Japan for the second time. His birthday will be when we are in Tokyo (15th and 16th October). I would like to surprise him with a Japanese gift. I was thinking of a show of some kind, but we donft speak any Japanese. Budget around $100.
Any recommendations?
by MaaikeH  

Re: Birthday present or activity when in Japan 2015/8/19 09:55
I wonder if you might want to take him to the Robot Show in the Shinjuku area. I honestly have never attended it, but I hear it is certainly unique to Japan. You can view videos of it on YouTube.
Maybe other members of this forum can weigh in with their opinions of this particular show.
Of course, if he likes Disney, a day at Tokyo DisneySea and staying to see the water show at night is also recommended. Just trying to recommend things that are unique to Japan.
by 56Premiere rate this post as useful

Re: Birthday present or activity when in Japan 2015/8/19 10:21
The Robot Restaurant is fantastic in my opinion but it's certainly an acquired taste and for many it will be far too decadent. Definitely check some videos before you go because it's definitely not up everyone's alley.

If that doesn't appeal to you why not find out if there is any live music that interests you? No language skills required to enjoy that. I was going to suggest sumo but I don't think there is a tournament in October.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Birthday present or activity when in Japan 2015/8/20 10:21
LOL,I was thinking of sumo also as another recommendation.
If you end up going to the robot show, look in most free visitor guidebooks for the Shinjuku area for discount offers to the show.
by 56Premiere rate this post as useful

reply to this thread