Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Real Goods From Japan? 2015/8/22 07:19
I've found one site which is popular in the USA, but I have some doubts on whether or not most of their stock is really from Japan or just knock offs. Plus they have a rather limited selection.

I'm looking for a site which sells genuine products from Japan (no knock offs!) to USA and has a large range of items and whose website is not Japanese language only, or at least offers an English version. Must be legally operated and (hopefully) in Japan.

Also, it must NOT be eBay, Amazon, or related.

Does such a legit site exist?
by Gandalf (guest)  

Re: Real Goods From Japan? 2015/8/22 16:38
What kind of merchandise are you looking for?

If you look around on Rakuten Ichiba mall (online mall), you will find that some shops ship outside Japan, and that some shops have English version (though at times apparently machine translated). Whether the individual products are really "made in Japan" is another question, but this is one big mall where locals buy from, and obvious "knock offs" would not sell well in Japan.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Real Goods From Japan? 2015/8/22 18:55
Many of the products sold in Japan as souvenirs are made in China. I don't know what you want that is "Made in Japan". Even the cameras are made in China or Thailand or Singapore. It would be nice to know exactly what you're looking for.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Real Goods From Japan? 2015/8/23 09:40
Thanks - that site looks great! (Rakuten)

They have a nice variety of goods and the English language support is excellent!

I'm not looking for the 'touristy' type of items, I'm looking for items you would find in typical Japanese shops, and a large variety of items but not made for the tourist! I'm always impressed with how 'fun' a lot of items are just to look at!

Any other comparable sites I appreciate knowing of.

For a foreigner, it's difficult to find good sites, a lot of them are trap/spam sites.

Any more suggestions? TIA!
by Frodo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread