Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

tea ceremony with kimono for visitors? 2005/1/14 19:07
On another community messageboard, I was asking for suggestions for what to do on my planned trip to Japan. I will be in Kyoto for 2 days. Someone told me to partake in a tea ceremony in which I could dress up in kimono. I thought this sounded very nice, but I'm not sure, can this be done? If anyone can tell me more about this, I'd be very grateful. I asked the person, and she said she did this 5 years ago, and cannot remember the name of the place she went to do the ceremony, but that it was quite charming.
by K. Lake  

. 2005/1/16 16:53
This must be Gion Corner (in Gion district, heart of Kyoto).
They organise several arts/shows for tourists.
by TOSHI rate this post as useful

Tondaya 2005/1/19 22:59
This place has tea ceremony in Kyoto and they dress you in traditional kimono.
It has been highly recommended to me, friend said the people are very nice there.
www.tondaya.co.jp/english
If you are interested, I'll dig up my notes on directions.
by Eileen rate this post as useful

Thank you both 2005/1/28 11:53
Thank you both.

Eileen, Tondaya sounds like a very nice place. I found their website, thank you for the information! I am defn. considering visiting this place, if my schedule permits!

I think I read that you know some information on kimono fabrics? If you know where I can buy some in Kyoto, I'd be most grateful! =)
by K. Lake rate this post as useful

kimono fabric 2005/1/28 12:15
WHen are you going? I have a great handout from JNTO that has 10 or so pages on fabrics/textiles in Kyoto. I got it from NYC JNTO office. You can call them (phoen # for NYC office is on their website) and ask for one to be sent to you, but if not enough time for that I could fax it to you- we'd have to share email address so we could plan that. It is too much info for me to do in a post...it is a very good handout, called Textiles In Japan

hello again eileen! 2005/1/28 13:25
thank you for such a quick response!

i'm leaving for asian in late march, but i won't be in japan until early april. i'll only be there a few days, i wish i could be there longer! i'd love to see the handout on textiles, could you direct me to the right website so i can try to call them? i think i have enough time, do you think, for it to arrive? however, i'd love to chat with you via email about planning things to do in japan, as it seems you are much more in the know than i. let me know which is the best way for me to give you my email =)
by hi eileen! rate this post as useful

JNTO contact 2005/1/28 14:58
Try http://japantravelinfo.com/contact/index.html
You should have enough time to get the info from them.
I am a bit suspicious to do this by email now, as you signed your name differently and your syntax is not the same as the original poster. We will see if the original poster returns and if I am wrong. If so, I apologize.

Thanks! 2005/1/28 16:23
Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. It's all right about the email, I understand. I am really reserved on messageboards when I first post, and then I open up when I get to know people, that's prob. why I sound so diff. now. But I appreciate the info, and wish you well on your trip!

ok 2005/1/28 22:52
K.- I want you to have this info, it is exactly what you need. Email me at this secure third party site
caseyd@covad.net It will take a little while for me to reply.

Hi Eileen... 2005/1/31 06:28
thank you for trusting me...
that is very kind of you. i'll send you a message this afternoon. =)

K., please read 2005/1/31 10:44
The email account I gave you apparently is not working as I thought it was. I can't give you my own email addressas it is affiliated w/a business. But if you can post yours, I will email you and then we can arrange to get the info to you.

Tea Ceremony 2007/10/29 22:09
What is the hotel with the tea ceremony?
by Ceres rate this post as useful

with a friend 2008/3/21 19:55
Hi, I'm located in Tokyo and I have a friend who's visiting me from America. He REALLY enjoys tea so I thought I could send him to a tea ceremony lesson.
Do you have any recommendations for tea ceremony lessons for tourists in Tokyo?
by Miyuki rate this post as useful

reply to this thread