Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Smelly Feet Meds? 2015/9/7 18:51
I know, not the most pleasant topic, but recently, and especially in this hot and humid summer, I've noticed my feet smell awful, and suspect maybe a little athletes foot (although no scales or skin 'mould' from the full thing).

Can anyone recommend some over the counter meds, easy to apply, like a spray?

Could you post name in Japanese and also a link with pic would be great. Thanks.
by John (guest)  

Re: Smelly Feet Meds? 2015/9/8 13:07
always be clean your body, socks, and shoes.
take a bath everyday. (a shower is not enough.)
change socks everyday. (washed thoroughly or buy new ones. do not wear un-dried socks.)
change shoes everyday. at least you have to have two pairs of shoes. replace everyday. (throw away your old shoes, which are too dirty. maybe difficult to clean up.)
try to not wear shoes for a long time.

those are the points many Japanese are doing.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Smelly Feet Meds? 2015/9/8 13:54
Um, thanks...but I think you can assume I do these things already. I'm not a naughty elementary school-age child..
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Smelly Feet Meds? 2015/9/8 16:30
If you go to your local pharmacy, you can find so-called "foot spray" in the general "deodorant" products shelf.
If the spray does not work, try find cream type - maybe you need to go online.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Smelly Feet Meds? 2015/9/8 16:50
Two examples of foot spray from major brands:

http://www.kao.com/jp/8x4men/efm_footspray_00.html
8x4 MEN Foot Spray
http://www.shiseido.co.jp/sw/products/SWFG070410.seam?shohin_pl_c_cd=6...
Shiseido AG+ Foot Spray

Re: Smelly Feet Meds? 2015/9/8 17:34
Sorry it's again the same .(guest) here.
If foot spray does not really solve your problem, maybe you might want to try shoes spray too. (You can buy it at shoes stores or shoe repair shops.)
Or liners for shoes which have deodorant functions.

Re: Smelly Feet Meds? 2015/9/9 09:03
Another suggestion is to regularly enjoy a public footbath. If you have access to one of those that might help too. Bring a small towel with you to dry off your feet and enjoy. Some footbaths are really hot and you need to carefully ease your feet into the water. Others are less hot. During our last trip to Japan we enjoyed footbaths in different locations, they did wonders for our (tired) feet ;-)
by Dutch Ann rate this post as useful

Re: Smelly Feet Meds? 2015/9/9 22:08
Thanks everyone for the advice. Bought some sprays today
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Smelly Feet Meds? 2015/9/18 11:04
Watch what you eat --onions and garlic can be very pungent. Sprays can help to a certain degree but it is your food intake that will really make the difference. Eat sweet stuff like pineapple or pineapple juice and drinks tons of water! Good luck bro.

You are what you eat they say.
by Truth (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Smelly Feet Meds? 2015/9/18 23:38
I had this problem for a period some years a go, until I realized that it was the shoes!!
Always use shoes made of leather uppers, and running shoes with either leather or open mesh style.

Since I got rid of shoes with synthetic uppers, I've never had this problem again, even in the Japanese summer.
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread