Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I purchase ovulation sticks from Japan? 2015/9/13 15:30
Hi guys,

Me and my husband are trying for a baby and we will be in Japan when this will happen.

I am wondering if I am able to purchase Clearblue Ovulation sticks from Japan just in any pharmacy?

I don't want to bring them with me from Australia just in case because I had already trouble ordering them online from overseas and the custom didn't let me have them. So I don't want to take a risk bringing them to Japan.

Thank you for your advice!
by Mimi (guest)  

Re: Can I purchase ovulation sticks from Japan? 2015/9/13 16:38
As far as I can look up on the internet, there are "importers" advertising them (for imports into Japan), but not a regular Japanese pharmacy advertising them on their web store. Which means it's likely that they are not readily available at a pharmacy in town. (But since they are importers, I assume they are not prohibited or anything in Japan - it's not "medication" anyways.)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I purchase ovulation sticks from Japan? 2015/9/13 17:53
the same one, ƒNƒŠƒAƒuƒ‹[, is sold by Omron health care, ƒIƒ€ƒƒ“ƒwƒ‹ƒXƒPƒA, in Japan.
http://www.healthcare.omron.co.jp/product/etc/cb/clearblue.html
I think you can easily get it. but, the documents for usage is in Japanese. (the digital type is not sold in Japan.)

I think you have no problem to bring it, when you enter Japan, if not so many.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I purchase ovulation sticks from Japan? 2015/9/13 18:46
ken,
I believe the OP is looking for "ovulation" tester, not "pregnancy" tester.

OP,
Sorry, I did not look enough earlier. Ovulation tester is available in Japan, just not available over the internet, it is available at pharmacies/clinics, if you leave your name, address & phone number. It has been classified as "medical pharmaceuticals" and thus cannot be bought over the internet (though pregnancy test kits can be).

Those are not recommendations, but just to show what the local products look like:
http://192abc.com/17657

But as the instructions will come in Japanese, I believe it would be easier if you brought some with you.

Re: Can I purchase ovulation sticks from Japan? 2015/9/13 22:56
The custom won't ask you what is used for unless you have a huge quantity, they might ask you if it seems to be for selling.
It's called "”DPŒŸΈ–ς"(Ninshin-kensayaku) in Japanese.
http://www.arax.co.jp/checkone/image/top_key.jpg
You can buy at drug stores, pharmacists around 500 Yen.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Can I purchase ovulation sticks from Japan? 2015/9/14 00:21
to ...,
you are right.

"Clearblue Ovulation sticks" is not sold in Japan.
those sold by internet in Japan is "personally imported" and expensive. no guarantee by the company.
you can buy similar ones, made in Japan. but need consultation by pharmacist. about 4000 yen for 10 analyses.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I purchase ovulation sticks from Japan? 2015/9/14 08:20
tokyo friend 48,

OP is looking for ”r—‘ŒŸΈ–ς (ovulation checker)Anot ”DPŒŸΈ–ς (pregnancy checker).

Re: Can I purchase ovulation sticks from Japan? 2015/9/14 23:07
Thank you guys:) Im sure I am able to find some from the places you recommended
by Mimi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I purchase ovulation sticks from Japan? 2015/9/15 09:11
Thank you guys:) Im sure I am able to find some from the places you recommended
by Mimi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread