Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

EMS shipping, worried my package is lost 2015/9/16 06:53
I ordered from DreamV/YUMETENBO through Rakuten. My package was shipped out on the 9th and tracking shows it left Osaka on the 10th, it said "dispatch from outward office of exchange"

I haven't been able to track it since then, I tried through USPS but get "The Postal Service could not locate the tracking information for your request. Please verify your tracking number and try again later." I have been checking everyday since after the day it left Osaka.

I normally get EMS packages fast and now I worry it's lost. I have $100+ worth of clothing in that package. I'm mostly worried because even if I get a refund, I might not be able to order again because the stuff I bought may be sold out by then.

Should I give it a few more days before contacting them? I have never had this happen before and I order from Japan a lot.

Thank you
by Amanda (guest)  

Re: EMS shipping, worried my package is lost 2015/9/16 10:50
I haven't been able to track it since then, I tried through USPS but get "The Postal Service could not locate the tracking information for your request. Please verify your tracking number and try again later." I have been checking everyday since after the day it left Osaka.

This is normal. Once the package leaves Japan it cannot be tracked until it is picked up by the USPS system, which in many cases may not happen until AFTER your package is delivered.

I normally get EMS packages fast and now I worry it's lost.

EMS typically take 3-5 days, so its probably not lost yet. More likely it's caught in customs, in which case it can spend several days there without you knowing where it is. At least that has been the case every time I've had a late package that seemingly disappeared from tracking.

I'd just wait a little longer, and if there is no word by then maybe call up the customs center where you'd expect it to go through.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: EMS shipping, worried my package is lost 2015/9/16 22:59
As yllwsmrf said, often the tracking doesn't pick up until AFTER you've received it. This happened to me a lot when i lived in the US but bought stuff from Japan. Wait a bit before worrying!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: EMS shipping, worried my package is lost 2015/9/17 02:59
It finally updated, still can't track through USPS though. It shows it arrived at the transit office of exchange. It just says U.S. but doesn't say what state. This has me a little worried about it being sent back. I was on another fourm and a girl ordered from the same place, she is having the same issue too. She ordered from them once in the past and it was sent back, she is worried that will happen again.

Her tracking shows it arrived and then dispatched from the office of exchange, she thinks that means it's being sent back to Japan like before. Hoping that is not he case with mine.
by Amanda (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: EMS shipping, worried my package is lost 2015/9/17 03:23
wait and see how it goes.
EMS is insured.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: EMS shipping, worried my package is lost 2015/9/17 08:21
Her tracking shows it arrived and then dispatched from the office of exchange, she thinks that means it's being sent back to Japan like before. Hoping that is not he case with mine.

This just means that the package arrived at customs and was released by customs to the shipping company for further transport.
by kcrackerg rate this post as useful

Re: EMS shipping, worried my package is lost 2015/9/17 18:22
I'm having a similar thing. I ordered something from Japan which was shipped out by EMS to me here in the Netherlands, which was sent on 24-07-2015 ... and still no sign of it. The last anyone saw of it was it being sent out from Osaka, and then vanished into a black hole - both postal companies are "looking into it". I'm not holding my breath.

Really hope that your package arrives soon!
by Superfluous (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: EMS shipping, worried my package is lost 2016/2/8 23:40
Hello,

The most important for new readers is to mention what finally happened. Shipment arrived or not arrived ?
People say there are experiencing problems but when the issue is solved they not mention any more comments.
It will be useful to know the end of the story and how EMS is reliable.
by paol (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: EMS shipping, worried my package is lost 2016/2/10 21:19
EMS is usually rock solid.

It's just a bit out of order that the OPs don't come back and let other readers know how things worked out.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread