Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Special uniqlo sale $2 shorts 2015/9/17 19:46
I am going to Tokyo this weekend, and I heard from a friend who went last week that uniqlo would hold special sales. They would sound an alarm and display cheap items on a table like shorts and shirts for $2. Is this true? I have been to Ikebukuro's uniqlo a number of times before and never saw it happen. Does it only happen in specific stores at specified times? I am looking for some addition to my wardrobe and would love to catch this sale. Thanks!
by Amy (guest)  

Re: Special uniqlo sale $2 shorts 2015/9/18 12:56
Haven't seen it at a uniqlo, but at another store, so it might be different. I don't believe these are advertised in advance (maybe the might be if you join their official newsletters, follow Line account etc?), they just randomly happen and are only on for a very limited time - the idea is that they happen spontaneously and are limited, making customers want to buy, even if they don't necessarily need or want.
by Midori Hime 77 rate this post as useful

Re: Special uniqlo sale $2 shorts 2015/9/18 15:13
I've been going to various Uniclo branches ever since they launched their business and have never heard of that. Ask your friend where it was and ask the clerk at that branch.

But a random internet search did give me info about a "Time Sale" in Shinjuku, so maybe your friend is talking about something like that.
http://www.uniqlo.com/jp/community/store_news/store.php?poi=10101424
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Special uniqlo sale $2 shorts 2015/9/18 18:49
My friend said she saw it happen at the uniqlo in ueno. I guess I can ask the clerk when I get there. I will also read up on that shinjuku time sale :) thanks!
by Amy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Special uniqlo sale $2 shorts 2015/9/20 13:58
Just an update, I came from uniqlo and the clerk said my friend just misunderstood. They had a shirt sale with 200割り which meant they just had a 200 yen discount, like from 990 it became 790. Since my friend didn't understand Japanese she assumed the price was 200 yen. I knew it was too good to be true haha.

Thanks for the update! 2015/9/20 15:04
200割り which meant they just had a 200 yen discount

You mean a 20 percent discount. Well, that's not too bad if the shirt is like 3000 yen!
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Special uniqlo sale $2 shorts 2015/9/20 16:08
Oops I meant 200円割 or was it 200円引き haha. Forgot to put the yen in. Anyway I went to multiple stores because my friend insists its just 200 yen because she said she bought a lot, but none of the clerks confirmed it. One of them even got a bit mad because he went "I have been working here for 3 years and if anyone should know it's me" or something like that haha

Re: Special uniqlo sale $2 shorts 2015/9/20 19:23
A 20% discount of 990 yen is 790 yen (to be precise it's 792 yen, but they usually cut off the small numbers), so I thought you meant 20 percent discount which in Japanese is 2割引き (2-wari-biki).

But perhaps you did mean 200円引き (200 yen biki) or 200円割引 (200 yen waribiki) which both mean "200 yen discount".

I don't really think that a 200 yen discount is a big deal in Uniqlo. But changing the price tag to "200 yen" is too huge a deal. A 20% discount sounds appropriate, given that the merchandise was spread on a table and attracted many customers. But maybe it was a 200 yen discount, just like you said.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread