Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Climb Mount Hakusan 2015/10/2 00:04
2 of us will be visiting Kanazawa from 26-29 Oct 2015. I would like to know if we can still climb Mount Hakusan?

If yes, is it better to stay at Kanazawa or Hakusan City?

Can we mount the summit and back down within a day?

Is it better that we engaged a guide or follow a tour to climb Mount Hakusan? Can you recommend guide or tour to contact?

Thank you.
by Monica Loh (guest)  

Re: Climb Mount Hakusan 2015/10/2 11:20
2 of us will be visiting Kanazawa from 26-29 Oct 2015. I would like to know if we can still climb Mount Hakusan?

It depends on the year, but the climbing season usually runs through October.

If yes, is it better to stay at Kanazawa or Hakusan City?

I'd stay as close to the mountain as possible, such as at Shiramine Onsen. The buses from Kanazawa no longer run in late October so a car will be necessary.

Can we mount the summit and back down within a day?

It is possible with an early start, though only if you have your own transportation or are able to arrange for a taxi pickup.

Is it better that we engaged a guide or follow a tour to climb Mount Hakusan? Can you recommend guide or tour to contact?

It's not necessary for the climb itself as it is well marked and well traveled. On the otherhand, a guide may help with the transportation issues. Sorry I don't have any recommendations.

Thank you.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread