Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Towel lady 2015/10/20 06:12
Hi,
I noticed when travelling on a ltd exp train some days ago the lady sitting beside me (had an aisle seat) put a small towel to her mouth like if something smelled bad.

Felt really uncomfirtable As I thought I might be smelling bad...
by Weather (guest)  

Re: Towel lady 2015/10/20 08:29
Maybe you did. I sometimes notice some foreign people with strong perfume or colon which is a no no in Japan.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Towel lady 2015/10/20 09:07
It was probably nothing.
by Faiyez rate this post as useful

Re: Towel lady 2015/10/20 09:23
I suppose she minded her bad alignment of teeth in front of hansome boy.

or ?

Did you have a bath on that morning?
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Towel lady 2015/10/20 11:13
I usually change my seat if I have an option and the person next to me is smelling bad, like the other day when a guy started eating bread (shoku-pan) in a commuter train.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Towel lady 2015/10/20 11:49
Some ladies want to cover their mouth to look humble, be it that they don't want to show their teeth, don't want to cough, they might be worried about their breath I would not worry.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Towel lady 2015/10/20 20:33
I always shower each day, morning most. It was really warm and I had wanted a diggerent seat if possible. Had an aisle seat...

Well se was holding it about all the way from Okayama (1,5 hours) turning away. Its not like she bared her teeth...

I bought a non parfume anti perspirant. Not sure how much it really helps. I use there wet wipes when it is really hot. Added in some kind of mint smell but not sure how long it stays.

Any other perspirant you could recommend?
by Weather (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Towel lady 2015/10/21 06:33
Were there people coughing on the train? Some people use towels in front of mouth and nose to protect themselves from being infected (instead of a mask).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Towel lady 2015/10/21 10:01
The 25% of Japanese people are hay fever by Japanese cedar.

Many people suffer from a runny nose in late Spring.
Autumn has many people suffering from an allergy of the ragweed.

I suppose this might be one possibility of this matter.

BTW you did nothing bad for that person.
Don't worry.
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Towel lady 2015/10/21 12:26
The reason could've been anything. Rather than to worry about one specific stranger on a train, I suggest you ask a close friend about whether you smell or not, and if you do smell what the reason of that smell can be. It's really a waste of time to overact about something you may be not.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread