Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

proposal idea? 2015/11/4 14:18
Hi all,

this coming early April 2016 will be my first trip to Tokyo. Chose to go specifically for the Cherry blossom during that period. and my gf love sakura, so gonna use that to give her a suprise
Will be in Tokyo thru out my 9 days trip, and of cos a 2d1n trip to mt fuji.

initially my plan was to propose at meji shrine/yoyogi park where there will be full blossom during 1st to 3rd April 2016.
However after looking thru Mt Fuji picture, i believe she will be very touched to say Yes there.

So right now i have a few question,
1) will it have cherry blossom at Fuji area ard 4th to 5th April 2016?
2) any good location ( able to see Fuji, blossom. basically nice view) for the proposal to happen?
3) if any of the above has a No, can i still fall back on my inital plan which is Yoyogi park/ Meji Shrine? any recommended spot?

Thanks inadvance!!

by saiiruss  

Re: proposal idea? 2015/11/5 12:09
I think your biggest problem is that year-to-year it is extremely difficult to predict the blossoms. There is no guarantee sakura will be blooming at that time, much less full bloom. I suggest to be as flexible as possible in your plan so if Tokyo isn't in full bloom you can go somewhere else for it.

That said, the area around Mt. Fuji is often a late-blooming spot. I suggest taking a look through the 2015 reports to get a general idea of what blooms when: http://www.japan-guide.com/blog/sakura15/
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: proposal idea? 2015/11/5 12:11
I can only answer question 1, and the answer to that is that there is no way to predict the season this far in advance. This website runs predicitons closer to the time, but even these can be off as the weather is unpredictable too far in advance. Even when they do know appoximately when the flowers will bloom, a sudden rainstorm can cause havoc.

Basically: impossible to predict now. Check back closer to the time, and keep your plans flexible and open.
by timing (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: proposal idea? 2015/11/5 16:31
thanks guys. yup probably i will be flexible to as and when i can kneel down for her in the beautiful scenary
by saiiruss rate this post as useful

Re: proposal idea? 2015/11/7 12:58
Note, in addition to the cherry blossom forecast you also need to check the weather during your trip in order to ensure the mountain will be visible. Any clouds can ruin the view leaving you with only cherry blossoms. It seems to be a sressful gamble but would be memorable if the everything goes right
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread