Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

No Free Looks? 2015/11/17 18:32
I was looking through some pictures of people who visited the Gundam Cafe at Akihabara on Instagram. I found one particular picture. The two exchange words about something that happened there. One of them said got kicked out of there because one of the employees, and I quote the person, yelled "no free looks". The two just brush it off and laughed which kinda confused me a little. What does it mean no free looks? Is the employee obviously saying don't look at anything for free if you're not buying anything or dining at the cafe or something?
by JustSomeGuy10  

Re: No Free Looks? 2015/11/17 21:23
I imagine they were just looking around the restaurant with no intention of eating there. You're welcome to just browse the gift shop much like any other.
by DDD (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: No Free Looks? 2015/11/18 10:31
Thanks for your input. Makes me wonder if they don't like the idea of window shopping.
by JustSomeGuy10 rate this post as useful

Re: No Free Looks? 2015/11/18 11:55
The Gundam Cafe and AKB Cafe next door are relatively small and very popular, so they prohibit those who "just want to have a look around" from entering. Nothing really different from any other cafe really, just that these are popular sightseeing attractions so they tend to be crowded. You are more than welcome to wait in line to be seated (and order something) and/or visit the gift shop (although there may also be a line for that too).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread