Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Giving wool socks as gift 2015/12/10 03:15
I just received a gift from an expatriate co-worker who had visited his home in Japan. I would like to return his gift by giving him hand knitted wool socks or slippers, which I have made. Is it appropriate gift to be given by a female to a male co-worker who is in higher position in the organization? He is good friend with my husband, so there should not be any thinking that the gift is inappropriate . The winters here in Finland are cold so hand knitted wool socks are traditional Christmas presents and are very useful.
I would appreciate advice in this matter since I do not want to cause any awkward situation.
by knitter (guest)  

Re: Giving wool socks as gift 2015/12/10 18:53
Be careful of giving socks as a gift. It killed Dobby in the end...
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Giving wool socks as gift 2015/12/10 21:57
If it's something that can be given with an explanation about that cultural background, that should be fine :) They would somewhat bulky ones for use at home, possibly with colorful patterns, right?

by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Giving wool socks as gift 2015/12/15 05:07
Socks are a good gift - we give them to our friends in Kyoto (possum/merino mix - very warm). Hand made (tezukuri) makes them special.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread