Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sending a fan letter to manga author? 2015/12/15 13:34
Hi, I was wondering if there was anyway possible that I would be able to send a fan letter to my all time favorite manga author/artist in Japan? If so, how? All I know is that I would need to know where to send it to and how to send international letters (which I don't know how), but is there anything else, cause I'm clueless on how I would send a letter to Japan in the first place? Let alone my favorite author!

BTW, I would be sending the letter from the US. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it!
by Guest (guest)  

Re: Sending a fan letter to manga author? 2015/12/15 17:52
Usually for popular authors there are "c/o publisher" address at the back of the published books, where you can send fan letters to. Can you find something like that, if you have printed books?

Whether the author reads English, or whether publisher takes the trouble to translate it for the author would be another question.

About sending letters to Japan, ask at the post office :)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sending a fan letter to manga author? 2015/12/15 19:55
Send it to the publishing company(eg, Kodansha, Shueisha, Shoggakan, Kadokawa etc) of the manga artist.
Which manga is that? I can find the address of manga artist for you. Send me a direct message.
by tokyo friend 48 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sending a fan letter to manga author? 2015/12/16 10:19
I want to send a letter to Takehiko Inoue. He's known for Slam Dunk (my personal favorite), Real, Vagabond, and Buzzer Beater. If you could help me find out which publishing company to send a letter to for him I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question!
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sending a fan letter to manga author? 2015/12/16 10:28
Also, sorry Tokyo friend 48, but I have no idea how to direct message! I'm kinda new to this.

Re: Sending a fan letter to manga author? 2015/12/16 19:49
To Kondansha(letter)
Kodansha Morning henshu-bu, Morning KC
Inoue Takehiko
Tokyo 112-8001, JAPAN

To Shueisha(letter)
Shueisha Young Jump henshu-bu
Inoue Takehiko
Tokyo101-8050, JAPAN

No address required if you print the postal zip codes(112-8001 or 101-8050) clearly and "JAPAN".

or, by message form
http://itplanning.co.jp/contact-take
your name, e-mail address, message, type words and numbers, enter confirm.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Sending a fan letter to manga author? 2015/12/16 20:11
The author also has an official website. Brouse around if you're interested.
http://itplanning.co.jp/home-en/inoue
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Sending a fan letter to manga author? 2015/12/17 09:52
Thank y'all for the address and website. You guys are amazing!!!

reply to this thread