Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Feedback on Japan-Wireless rental SIM cards 2016/1/9 00:31
Hi everyone,

I've been using Econnect Japan for my past trips to Japan but just found out about Japan-Wireless (http://japan-wireless.com/products.html#prepaid%20SIM). It turns out I can get a 4G rental SIM card with 6 GB of data for less than the 3G/3 GB one at Econnect.

Has anyone tried the one from Japan-Wireless before? Is it reliable?

I'll be using a Nexus device (on Android 6.0.1) with a nano SIM card.

Thanks guys!
by Ghis (guest)  

Re: Feedback on Japan-Wireless rental SIM cards 2016/1/9 17:03
I've been to Japan twice so far. Each time I was using prepaid SIM from japan-wireless. I remember 2 years ago they had different rules, now you can get more traffic same price which is good, have no complains so far.

As far as I remember they providing DOCOMO based simcard. I never had a situation when signal was weak or no signal. It was stable for all of my trip.

P.S. I have Nexus 5 USA version. Their sim card should work with Nexus 5 Europe version as well.

P.P.S going to Japan on April 1st and definitely will get their sim card again.

by rooty (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Feedback on Japan-Wireless rental SIM cards 2016/1/10 06:44
@rooty, thanks for your feedback!

Seems like I will give them a try since they're cheaper than Econnect and give you more data.

I have a European Nexus 6, which I used in Japan last year without any problem.

Thanks again.
by Ghis (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Feedback on Japan-Wireless rental SIM cards 2016/1/12 06:54
I have used Japan-Wireless several times in 2015 using their wireless router - never had any problems with the company or the product.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Feedback on Japan-Wireless rental SIM cards 2016/1/15 17:16
I think there are different options for wifi rental but some of them are ridiculously expensive. I got recommendation from a friend to rent at Sakura Mobile cos their sim cards are actually Docomo which is japanese national company with widest network coverage.
Of course you pay for internet data per GB but rental fee itself is pretty cheap, like 50 cents per day!
I`m not a heavy user so I survived 16 days with 5GB only XD
by Amy (guest) rate this post as useful

where you can receive free Wi-Fi cards, and ..... 2016/1/15 21:39
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Feedback on Japan-Wireless rental SIM cards 2016/2/24 15:21
@Ghis,
just noticed your reply

according to this site:
https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/Mqug/google-nexus...

Nexus 6 (Europe revision) doesn't support DOCOMO's LTE frequency! But, you're good to go with HSPA+ which should be more than enough for a trip
by rooty rate this post as useful

reply to this thread