Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shipping a Mirror 2016/1/20 15:25
I just bought a large mirror from Amazon. Taller and much wider than me (I'm 5'3''), much larger than usual full length mirrors you buy. But I just found out my job is making me move to another prefecture!! Can anyone suggest how to ship a mirror this size? I don't want to leave it behind because I just bought it! (I say ship because I don't drive).
by Shipping Fragile Objects (guest)  

Re: Shipping a Mirror 2016/1/20 16:11
If you are using a moving company for all your stuff then they should be able to help you out. The cost should remain reasonable to add the mirror to all your other stuff. Otherwise look at yamato kuroneko. They ship household goods at reasonable rates, but note that a mirror may be excluded as they don't ship items that are easily damaged. Also keep in mind that it may be more economical to buy a new mirror rather than ship the one you have, as I would estimate the rate to be around 10,000 yen if they can even ship it at all.

http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/links/#link01
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping a Mirror 2016/1/20 17:51
In other words, if Amazon was able to delivered it to you, you can deliver it elsewhere in the same way. Post again if you have trouble doing that.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping a Mirror 2016/1/20 17:53
Yea, shipping will be an option. I just suspect that it may not be cost effective. You'll have to run the calculations though to know for sure.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping a Mirror 2016/1/21 10:04
Thank you so much for the links!

I will check it out and get back to you.

If it too expensive, I will just sell it and buy a new one.
I've shipped a lot of stuff before for very cheap, but never something so fragile.
by Shipping a Mirror (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread