Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I buy a used Softbank phone with my plan? 2016/1/29 10:29
Hello!

I contracted a mobile plan with Softbank several weeks ago (light plan with 5GB of data).

They "forced" me to buy a new phone because Softbank won't work on my non-japanese phone. Ok, so I bought a "Kyocera", really cheap smartphone.

Thing is, I don't like it. I called Softbank the after after and they didn't want to replaced it... They told me the only thing I could do is to buy a new Softbank phone!

Do you think a used Softbank phone will work? Maybe if I buy one in Book-Off or Bic Camera or wathever?

I already try to call Softbank but they just told me "bring your new phone and we will see what we can do"... I don't want to be scre*** again!

Thanks for your help guys :)
by ju (guest)  

Re: Can I buy a used Softbank phone with my plan? 2016/1/29 12:19
Thing is, I don't like it. I called Softbank the after after and they didn't want to replaced it... They told me the only thing I could do is to buy a new Softbank phone!

Cellphone are basically not returnable.

Do you think a used Softbank phone will work?

It should, but you need to clear it with Softbank to avoid any unexpected charges.

I already try to call Softbank but they just told me "bring your new phone and we will see what we can do"...

Yep, that is the basic procedure. Should be fine as long as it's a softbank phone you're buying.

I don't want to be scre*** again!

Better to do your research ahead of time...
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Can I buy a used Softbank phone with my plan? 2016/2/7 08:39
Ebay. I bought my Softbank phone there. Just look for a local Japanese seller. Putting your sim card in a different phone should not be an issue.
by Zarf (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread