Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanazawa Restaurant Recommendations 2016/1/31 01:50
Hi there!

Husband and I are going for a 2 week honeymoon in Japan and Kanazawa is part of the itinerary. I've been to Tokyo and Kyoto before but not Kanazawa and would like to know any really good restaurants and local food we should try.

Thanks!
by runwasabi  

Re: Kanazawa Restaurant Recommendations 2016/1/31 14:45
The seafood donburi at Omicho Market make some of the best lunches available in Japan:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4207.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa Restaurant Recommendations 2016/1/31 16:29
If you want to try local Kaga cuisine, I'd highly recommend the Mishoan teahouse in Kenrokuen park at lunchtime, and Daiba near the JR station for dinner and local craft sake.

(And the shop called Ohmicho Shokudo inside Ohmicho Market is definitely worth checking out.)

http://bento.com/kansai/ka-kanazawa.html
by Umami Dearest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa Restaurant Recommendations 2016/1/31 22:56
Fantastic, thanks! Do I have to make reservations for this?

Have any of you tried Jibuni? I also heard about Snow Crab but not sure if that will still be in season when we go there end of March.

Not very well versed with sake, but would like to try local breweries. What's a good local brand?
by runwasabi rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa Restaurant Recommendations 2016/2/1 00:03
Jibuni is good, yes. Not sure about snow crab season.

For sake, I really like Tedorigawa, a nice local label that's pretty reliable.

It's worth making reservations at Mishoan and at Daiba, rather than worrying about whether or not you'll get a table.
by Umami Dearest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa Restaurant Recommendations 2016/5/18 21:19
nothing very classy of fancy - but near main post office building there is a very good udon place. Tatami are with japanese style sitting, and also higher tables. They made noodles there, and offer variety of different udon meals. Really tasty!
by girlwithpearl (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread