Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Vegetarian food in Tokyo 2016/1/31 20:11
Hi all,

So I have applied for an internship in Tokyo and they are going to pay me 50000 yen per month if I get into it. Do you think I will be able to get vegetarian food for a month in this budget? All my flight and accommodation will also be done by the company. So if you have any restaurants or places to eat low cost and nice vegetarian food please tell me about them too.
by ashokkumar  

Re: Vegetarian food in Tokyo 2016/2/1 09:52
You might want to look at this listing if you are looking for restaurants.

http://www.happycow.net/asia/japan/tokyo/

But for low-cost solutions, I would suggest cooking at home.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Vegetarian food in Tokyo 2016/2/1 10:15
Your budget is enough to prepare most food at home and then maybe have a few restaurant meals once in awhile.

Happy Cow will help you with the restaurants.
by Umami Dearest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Vegetarian food in Tokyo 2016/2/1 16:27
Thanks all for your suggestions. I will have a kitchen there so I will cook at home as you guys suggested. can you guys help me with some easily available seasonal vegetables that i can find in evening when the market is closing? Anywhere between the Yogi National Stadium and the Shibuya cross will be fine with me. Any other suggestions are welcomed too.
by ashokkumar rate this post as useful

Re: Vegetarian food in Tokyo 2016/2/1 18:51
Just go to a supermarket and see what they have.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Vegetarian food in Tokyo 2016/2/4 00:12
All Japanese supermarkets sell a range of fresh vegetables. Self-Catering as a vegan or vegetarian is easy and cheap. The widest range of veggies will be at the international supermarkets. If you don't recognise something, google it, to check how to cook it.

Don't worry. You'll be fine.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread