Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to buy bluray movies? 2016/2/11 17:45
I'm going to be in Akihabara next month and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy some bluray movies? Mainly Japanese movies.

Although, I am primarily looking for bluray concerts but there are a few Japanese movies that I'm thinking of to buy.
by JustSomeGuy10  

Re: Where to buy bluray movies? 2016/2/11 19:51
Pretty much any electronic store....
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy bluray movies? 2016/2/12 01:30
Please keep in mind that Japanese Blu-rays are not the same region as European players. If you're from America though, it should be fine.
by Faiyez rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy bluray movies? 2016/2/12 13:48
"Please keep in mind that Japanese Blu-rays are not the same region as European players. If you're from America though, it should be fine. "

This information is NOT correct.

- Japan is a different region to the US, and will not work.
- Japan is the same region as most European countries

Region:
1. Bermuda, Canada, United States and U.S. territories
2. The Middle East, Western Europe, Central Europe, Egypt, French overseas territories, Greenland, Japan, Lesotho, South Africa and Swaziland
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy bluray movies? 2016/2/12 18:02
You'll need a region free blu-ray player, although I guess you can just fix a Blu ray drive to the Japanese region.

About half the shops in Akihabara will do them. Remember that Akiba is a multi-level shopping experience, so don't be surprised if you have to go to the 5th floor for the discs.

Many are widely available online, for concert releases check CDJapan. Legit Western, Hong Kong, Taiwan and South Korea releases are generally cheaper, as with CDs and DVDs, but these are only available outside Japan from places like YesAsia.

The JP market is generally more expensive, sometimes insanely so. That said, there are vast numbers of titles that never make it out of Japan.

If you fill half a suitcase with discs, you may be charged import duty. Keep any receipts, just in case.

by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy bluray movies? 2016/2/12 18:09
Sandy, you are getting mixed up with DVD regions which are NOT the same as Blu-ray regions. For blu-ray Japan and the US compatible as both are region A/1

http://www.codefreedvd.com/region-free-dvd-questions.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy bluray movies? 2016/2/13 00:55
Thank you everyone.
by JustSomeGuy10 rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy bluray movies? 2016/2/13 06:05
Quit a bit of wrong information in this thread.

First, BluRay regions are completely different from DVD regions. Region 1 (or A) includes Japan along with North America, South America, Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, and a few others I missed.

Also, since Japan and the US are in the same region and the OP's profiles says they're from the US they don't need a region free bluray player nor do they need to fix the region code on a bluray drive.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy bluray movies? 2016/2/23 00:23
If you don't mind used, you should try BookOff.
by edincoat rate this post as useful

reply to this thread